The HI-770 pocket checker is a simple and accurate way to measure high ranges of silica.
The HI-770 Checker for High Range Silica is simple to use following the steps detailed below:
- Accurate and easy to use
- Adaptation of EPA Diazotization method
- ±2 ppm ±5% of reading accuracy
- 1 ppm resolution
- Designed to work with Hanna reagents
- Large easy to read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Quick on the spot analysis
- Routine water quality testing - Environmental & water treatment
- 2 sample cuvettes with caps
- Reagents for 6 tests (re-ordering information HI-770-25 x 25 tests)
- 1 x 1.5V AAA battery
Also available: HI-770-11 Calibration set
Silica testing in aquariums
Soluble silica molecules are important to aquaculture because they influence (and limit) the growth of diatoms. While diatoms consume CO2 and release pure oxygen (thus improving DO levels) leaving it clearer and your fish and coral healthier, it is important to limit diatoms growth. Silica also improves the health and growth of organisms such as sponges and mollusks.
Four steps. One click. Instant Readout.
1. ‘Zero’ the Checker®HC with your vial & 10ml water sample inside
2. Take the vial out and add your reagent
3. Place your vial into your Checker®HC
4. Press the button and read the results
Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.
Use HI-770-25 Reagents for Silica HR Handheld Colorimeter, Checker®HC, x 25 tests.
Use HI-770-11 Calibration Check Set for HI-770 Silica HR Handheld Colorimeter, Checker®HC.