Fluoride is one of the very few chemicals that have been shown to cause significant effects in people through drinking-water. Fluoride has beneficial effects on teeth at low concentrations in drinking-water, but excessive exposure to fluoride in drinking-water or in combination with exposure to fluoride from other sources, can give rise to a number of adverse effects.
Water fluoridation is the controlled addition of fluoride to a public water supply to reduce tooth decay. Fluoridated water operates on tooth surfaces: in the mouth it creates low levels of fluoride in saliva which reduces the rate at which tooth enamel de-mineralises and increases the rate at which it re-mineralises in the early stages of cavities.
A 1994 World Health Organisation expert committee suggested a level of fluoride from 0.5 to 1.0 mg/L, depending on climate. Bottled water typically has unknown fluoride levels, and some domestic water filters remove some or all fluoride.
- Accurate and easy to use
- Adaptation of SPADNS method
- ±0.05 ppm ±5% of reading
- 0.01 ppm resolution
- Designed to work with Hanna reagents
- Large easy to read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Water testing
- Quick on the spot analysis
- 2 sample cuvettes with caps
- Reagents for 6 tests (re-ordering information HI-729-26 x 20 tests
- Syringe with tip
- 1 x 1.5V AAA battery
Also available: Calibration set HI-729-11
Four steps. One click. Instant Readout.
1. ‘Zero’ the Checker®HC with your vial inside
2. Place a 10ml water sample into the vial and add your reagent
3. Place your vial into your Checker®HC
4. Press the button and read the results
Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.
Use Calibration Check Set HI-729-11 with the Hi-729 Fluoride Low Range Handheld Colorimeter, Checker®HC.
Use reagent HI-729-26 with the Hi-729 Fluoride Low Range Handheld Colorimeter, Checker®HC, x 20 tests.