True colour is caused by dissolved compounds in water. It can be natural or artificial. Dissolved and suspended solids (together) cause apparent colour.
Other harmless constituents of water such as tannins, iron and manganese, may also be present and impart colour. The HI-727 reports the colour of water from 0-500 PCU (Platinum Cobalt Units).
- Water testing
- Quick on the spot analysis
- Water Quality, Environmental, Education
- Accurate and easy to use
- Diphenylcarbohydrazide method
- Accuracy ±10 PCU ±5% of reading
- 5 PCU resolution
- Designed to work with Hanna reagents
- Large easy to read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Fits into palm and pocket
- 2 sample cuvettes with caps
- 1 x 1.5V AAA battery
Also available: Hi-727-11 Calibration Set.
Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.
Use Calibration Check set HI-727-11 with the HI-727 Colour of Water Handheld Colorimeter Checker®HC