The HI-749 Checker is a simple, accurate, and cost effective way to measure low ranges of chromium VI in fresh water.
Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI-749 provides quick, accurate results in four easy steps.
The HI-749 uses an adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology D1687-92, Diphenylcarbohydrazide method. The reaction between chromium VI and the reagent causes a purple tint in the sample.
- Small palm-sized design
- Accurate from ±2 ppb ±4% of reading
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Uses a single AAA battery
- Auto Power Off after 10 minutes in inactivity
- Built-in timer for timed reaction readings
- Water Quality
The HI-749 Checker®HC is supplied with 2 cuvettes and caps, reagent starter kit (6 packets of chromium VI LR reagent - re-ordering information HI-749-25 x 25 tests), 1 x 1.5V AAA battery, and an instruction manual.
Also available: Calibration set HI-749-11.
Four steps. One click. Instant Readout.
1. ‘Zero’ the Checker®HC with your vial & water sample inside
2. Take the vial out and add your reagent
3. Place your vial into your Checker®HC
4. Press the button and read the results
Battery powered – Allows use away from a power source. Batteries are included with all battery operated products.
Use HI-749-25 Reagents with the Chromium VI LR Handheld Colorimeter - Checker®HC x 25 tests.
Use HI-749-11 Calibration Check Set with the Chromium VI LR Handheld Colorimeter - Checker®HC.